Saturday 31 January 2015

Horticulture, the beginning

I'm finally starting the process of taking this passion of mine from a hobby that I'm fascinated with to something that I can be an expert in. I have enrolled myself in a Certificate II of Horticulture. While it's not the full amount of what I want to learn, it's all I can do right now while working. It's a year long course and will contain many of the units that I will be able to get recognition of prior learning for more advanced qualifications. If I start this course and decide I have capacity for more, I will look to enroll in another qualification.

The grand plan is to complete qualifications in many of the fields I am interested in. Fields such as Production Horticulture, Agriculture and Agribusiness, Aquaculture, Irrigation, Land Conservation and Sustainability and many more. I figure if you love something and have a natural fascination about it, learning about it isn't a chore. At the moment I'm limited to distance education online, but will keep an eye out for new opportunities.

I will hopefully start my course in a week or so, and will put the lessons I learn up in the blog here for your edification or reference.

I can't wait, it's going to be amazing!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds brilliant, what a great thing to do. Well done & enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm certainly looking forward to it. Just little things like learning the family names of plants is even fascinating for me. I figure if I'm passionate about it, why not learn more and expand my horizons?

      Delete